The Screening Process
An initial minimum donation of 100 ounces is required to begin the prescreening process
Every bottle/bag has remained frozen since collection and is clearly labeled with the date collected, including the year
No donated milk has been frozen for longer than 8 months
All the milk was collected before the baby’s second birthday.
- Visit the Mother’s Milk Bank of Tennessee website.
- Complete prescreening form.
- Schedule your phone screening interview.
- Complete donor application. After your phone screening interview, you will be given a donor application to complete if you meet the criteria to proceed in the process. Obtaining your doctor’s consent will be a part of the application.
- Bloodwork. You will have a blood test covered by MMBTN.
Schedule a Drop-off with Shults
After you have completed all of the steps laid out by MMBTN you can contact our office in Knoxville to schedule a drop-off time.
We will not be able to accept any milk at our Knoxville location without an appointment.
Give us a call (865) 670-1560 Monday through Friday 7am to 6pm. Saturday 8 am to noon.
At this time, Mothers’ Milk Bank of Tennessee (MMBTN) distributes exclusively to PHDM to neonatal intensive care units (NICUs).
Follow the link below to see a list of resources that we believe would be helpful for the women and babies of East Tennessee.